Speak with us today!Get in touch
July 23, 2021
In our State of Craft episode today, the BC LDB confirmed the following about Direct Delivery:
1. It will not be physically centralized - producers will be able to directly deliver to retailers.
2. Any licensed producer who produces 3000kg or less of dried cannabis will be able to participate.
3. There still will be a SKU creation process with the LDB, but it will be simpler and quicker than what exists today, because...
4. ...the BC LDB is primarily just checking to ensure that your products meet regulatory requirements and that you are licensed. It sounds like they aren't making any subjective judgement calls on whether or not to carry items within the DD program (also because they aren't physically warehousing anything).
5. Going through the above process will get you within a central registry that retailers will be able to purchase from. Prices will be set with the LDB, so there aren’t negotiations with retailers.
6. No restriction on plants and seeds that will be sold through direct delivery.
7. 15% tax (which it turns out is not technically a tax) will remain the same.
We are excited about the direction this is going!!
It sounds like this implementation has the possibility to solve some real issues faced by many of our customers.
Want to watch the full webinar to see what the BC LDB, LCRB, & the Cannabis Secretariat's Office had to say?
This article was written in tandem with Mike F.